Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Toning prints.

I tried two different ways of toning images. First I toned the images by using food colouring and secondly I toned the images using photoshop manipulation.

To be able to make tonal images using food dye you start with using a developed black and white photograph. I used ones that I had developed previously and and used in other ways. This continuous with my theme of landscapes.
With the black and white images I then dropped 3/4 drops of food colouring onto the image and then with a water damp paintbrush I followed the grain of the photograph and painted the food colouring onto the image.
I then left them to dry and then added another layer. This makes the colour brighter.


The second way of toning my images using photoshop is to open your scanned photograph into photoshop. Then click 'Image' > 'Adjustments' > 'Hue & Saturation'.
Then move the adjustable bars to pick which colour you would like and also to pick how bright you would like the colour.
Here are two of my examples.


Both methods are really easy to do and can both give a great effect when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment