Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Instagram effect using photoshop.

I created this enhancement by using Adobe Photoshop and following a tutorial on Youtube.
It was easy to follow but there are loads of individual steps that can mean it gets a little confusing.

I started by uploading the image into Photoshop. I then duplicated the layer so that there was two of them. I changed the colour to 247-217-173. This left me with a beige colour. On a new layer, using the paint bucket I filled the page in with that colour. I then 'multiplied' that layer using the drop down menu above the layers.
I selected my duplicated layer and selected 'curves'. I selected the colour green from the drop down menu and changed the output to 37. I then changed blue to 133.
Again on the duplicated layer I seleceted levels and changed the middle number to 1.36  and the right i changed it 2.36.
Also on the duplicated layer I selected 'Brightness and Contrast'. I changed the brightness to 6 and the contrast to 51.
I then created another 'curve' on the duplicate layer. I adjusted the green input to 13 and the blue input to 88.
I then created another 'Brightness and Contrast' layer as adjusted the brightness to -6 and the contrast to 33.
finally I created a curve and this time adjusted the red from the drop down menu to 4 and blue to 14.


This was my final outcome. This has a great effect and is very simple to do but can get confusing if you don't follow the steps correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment