Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Photoshop enhancement inspired by Vasilisa Forbes.

I have previously looked at the work of Vasilisa Forbes and thought as an enhancement I would experiment with a similar technique to hers.
I started by taking several different photographs on a digital camera. I took photographs of landscapes and some images had people or other objects in the images.
I then placed the digital prints into Adobe Photoshop and with the shape tool I selected square and drew onto the image with shapes. I selected specific areas of the image that i wanted to cover like the people of a main object like buildings to take away some of the character of the images.
Doing this contributes to the viewers 'need' to know what is behind the coloured squares.
I chose these colours for the squares as it allows me to express things through them. By this I mean some colours are known to have meanings for example Red is for lust.
I have chosen to block some of the image with the colour pink as pink represents the feelings of Calm and relaxation. This is good as if you imagine yourself here you can almost know that these are feelings you could possibly feel.
The blue colour has a similar meaning. Blue also means Calm and relaxation but also means the flow of communication. Two of the images below are the enhanced images i edited using Photoshop.
On this one I have covered two main features being a person posing in the image and a boat that you would originally see on the Thames but by doing this it almost tricks people into imagining something else might be behind the image.

Here I have covered things that also grab your attention from your first glimpse at the image. These are the people. I left their feet in view and also the other people walking as i believe it leaves people wanting to know how might be behind the coloured patches and why I have decided to cover them up.

I also did handmade versions of this using photographs and cut coloured paper instead of using Photoshop to draw the squares on.
These are my final outcomes.

Overall I prefer the Photoshop edits as they look more professional and tidy. It's also really quick and easy to do. This is something I might consider using for my final idea as it can be very effective and may also be great if used alongside other enhanced images.

No comments:

Post a Comment