Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Highlighting areas of interest.

To start this enhancement I took a range of photographs that matched my theme of Landscapes.

I had to check that these image worked well when highlighting areas of interest so I started by experimenting. I did this by printing out these images and with coloured tissue paper I cut out the right shape that covered areas on the images that I wanted to stand out.
This was the outcome...

I then took the negatives into the dark room and using coins I did the same thing. However the process is very different. I started by making sure the time and Fstop were correct to get the best possible outcome. I then halved the time and started by placing the coins the right areas. I exposed the paper and then left the paper in the same place (do not move it as you will not get the same line up) but removed the coins and exposed for the same amount of time. I then developed the paper like you would originally.


This took a few attempts. As you can see from my photographs sometime you will need to add more time to make the highlighted areas darker and more visible but over all I think this has a great effect.
The top is my first attempt as you can see the image is lighter. The second image is of worse quality as i chose to place a layer of glass over the photograph paper when exposing it so that it would not move when I removed the coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment