Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bleaching coloured photographs.

I experimented with bleaching old photographs. To do this you need to chose a few coloured photographs. I used these ones below...




I then layered clear nail vanish onto areas of photograph that I wanted to keep the same colour.
After I tried two different methods of bleaching the photographs, firstly I started with dipping the image into a bleach bath and totally enhancing the whole image leaving it looking like this.


I then, using a cotton bud, dipped the bud into the bleach and drew onto the photograph leaving a pattern on the image and only some areas colourless.

2 comments:

  1. Can this work on digital, printed images? I've read that it's best to work with film but I'm unsure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is possible but it's less effective and the outcome can ruine the print. It's best to try on a scrap photo first. Remember to work fast and have everything you need to hand :)

      Delete