Friday, February 22, 2013

'Space' theme photographs.

Inspired by my second chosen theme of 'Space', I have taken a few photographs inspired by Alban Grosidier. Alban is known for his project 'Drowning' and this is the project that inspired me to do this. I have asked a model to lay in a bath of water as I photographed him getting both in and out and whilst under the water so I could capture his facial expressions and the different reflections and ripples the water makes around his body. 
I simply used a 35mm lens on a digital SLR. I think that the simplicity of the photograph and minimal additional effects shows how well the photographs were taken. 


The two above images are my favourite, this is because of the ripple effect in the water. I think the effect is so simple and really effective. In the top photograph my model has his eyes closed, this lead to you experiencing the same emotions as him. I believe there is a slight feeling of fear of the water and not being able to see is fear many of us have. In the bottom photograph you can see that he has his eyes open the reason for this because I feel that you can relate and understand a person emotions by looking at the persons facial expressions. 
I took a photograph of my models legs because I like the way the water makes the hairs on his legs stand up and move with the ripple of the water. 
The composition of the photographs is very simple and a little bit off centre. I think by them being a little bit angled and the shoulders being cropped by the camera lens it shows how uncomfortable my model is underwater.
This photograph is a little bit scary to me. The model is really still and with his eyes open it almost seems a doll like a effect. However you can also see by his shoulders being risen that he seems a little uncomfortable and doesn't like bing under the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment