Thursday, February 14, 2013

'Inner Character' experiments.

Here I have edited the photographs I have taken related to my chosen theme of 'Inner Character'. This was inspired by Diane Arbus as all her photographs are black and white. My reason for changing the colour and contrast is because it almost makes some of the photographs look older. Diane takes portraits of people where they seem to look different then how you would expect them to look. She gets them to dress up or express an emotion through their facial features.

The way the model is posed shows the masculine side to him and how he might be uncomfortable dressed as a women. The facial expressions shows that he might find this a little bit humorous. However overall you cam see that this is not a normal thing for him to do and it is not natural to him.
In the photograph above you can see that he does seem a little bit uncomfortable but sometimes that makes a good picture. Knowing that the model was willing to experiment and help me in my work is very helpful.
These photographs I have taken relate to my chosen theme of Inner Character. They connect through the unexpected shock you might get when you see a male dressed in female underwear.

1 comment:

  1. Your introductory text is good and comments on your ideas but it is important to write underneath each picture commenting on the technical aspects and your composition. Think deeper - how do they relate to the exam theme?

    ReplyDelete