Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Julie Cockburn analysis.

Julie Cockburn is a British photograph and artist born in 1966. Julie did a foundation course at Chelsea School of Art and then went onto do a B.A at Central St. Martins. 
She has had over 10 solo exhibitions in the last 15 years and has taken part in many more group exhibitions. Julie's work has been exhibited and collected across the world and has won a selection of awards including the 2012 Salon Art Prize Award.

My reasons for researching this artist is, I found her contribution to "The 'me' My Art" exhibtion very influential. The image 'flower girl' is amazing and it is the technique I wish to use when creating my own pieces.


 I have referred to her work for inspiration a lot. I found that the hidden identity of the people in the portraits left me wanting to see the originals before she played with them and enhanced them. I will recreate this technique digitaly using Adobe Photoshop. I chose to do this digitaly as I believe it produces a better final outcome then the hand made effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment