Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Final outcome.

I started by looking at other artists and photographers for inspiration firstly I looked at Genadii Berezkin and then I came across Quentine Jone's in the process. I looked at both artists work and combined their techniques to help me produce the outcomes. 

Using the photographs I took during the project for experiments I started by cutting away sections of the photographs that I found would possibly hide some of the character or locations. 

I did this because in Gernadii's work he does the same and replaces the character with large coloured shapes as well as Quentine who adds something else that you wouldn't expect to be in the image like animals or text.


I then photocopied the image onto different coloured and textured paper. I then cut out and ripped sections of the photocopies out and stuck them onto the original image. This was great to bring new layers to a flat image. 
Also with the normal coloured photocopies I used a chemical called .... and brushed it onto sections of the back of the image and then using a coin I scratched the area of the image onto my collage image. This leaves a copy of the image printed onto the collage pieces in a faded way.

I continued to collage the image and then photocopied it so that it was black and white. I ripped and cut the excess white paper and cut shapes into the copy. I then placed the cut up photocopy onto a brightly coloured tissue paper and this still inspired by Genadii's coloured shapes, stood out tremendously on against the black and white.


I love the final outcomes. I think that the colour makes the collages complete and gives a great final touch.

1 comment:

  1. You need to show visual images and show more development here jess!

    ReplyDelete