Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vignettes.

To create a vignette image you place a negative into the enlarger as if you were going to produce a photograph ready for development. However before hand you will need to get a piece of black card or paper the same size as your photographic paper and cut a whole in the middle of paper that is the same size as the area you wish to expose. 

When you have the correct shape and size hole you old the black paper at least 4 inches away from photographic paper and expose it under the enlarger.
Whilst exposing slowing move the paper in small circular motions. This will make the edges of the exposed photograph look frosted/blurry giving a professional effect.

This is my first attempt to create my own vignette photograph.

(PHOTO HERE)


I then created the same effect using Photoshop.
For this I used the Elliptical Marquee tool and drew out an oval shape, I selected the inverse and using the paint bucket tool I filled it in with black paint. I then deselected the shape and selected Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur.
I experimented with the levels bar and chose to move it right the way up so it had the highest level and this was my outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment