Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dodging and Burning.

To an handed these images I did a process called dodging.
Dodging is a processed used to manipulate the exposure during the development stage. Using a opaque object to cover a section of the image this allows that section of the photograph to  This allows a section of the image to appear lighter.
This is the tool I made myself to dodge away some of the light.

I started by developing a few images.  I did a few test prints to check I had a good filter and the right timing for a good developed picture. I then developed the same image again, but this time using a dodging tool I made a section of the image a lighter shade.
These are the original copies of the images.






These are the images I edited by burning areas.
Some of the images did not look as good when enhanced so I chose to stick with the originals.


In this image the sky has been dodged which leaves the sky brighter/whiter.

I  this image i dodged the see leaving that a shade lighter then the original.

I chose theses images to enhance as they followed my theme of landscapes. These specific images were taken along the south bank of the river Thames.


No comments:

Post a Comment