Thursday, June 21, 2012

Norm Magnusson Painted Nature.

I looked at an artist called Norm Magnusson and his work. He creates painted nature by this I mean he collects fallen leaves, flowers, sticks and pebbles and paints them in peculiar ways using a range of colours and pattens and then goes on to photograph them creating a portfolio or work. He also photographs peoples reactions when they notice odd nature in amongst there natural surroundings.



Above are some of his pieces of work. 


I then went on to create my own work inspired by Norm. Above are two of the image of my leaf in amongst its natural surroundings. I think this looks effective as the blue and red stands out in the green foliage. However to improve next time I could paint more then one item so maybe other types of leaves or sticks and acrons as well as use different colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment