Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Landscape analysis.

All these images are off the V&A website.
http://www.vam.ac.uk/
 Here is my first chosen photograph related to my theme of Landscapes. I chose this image as I like how the main focus of the image, the house, reflected into the water. The reflection gives a great affect as soon as you see the image, as well as the violet sky, it almost captures your attention. As well as being a photo that can relate to the landscape theme, it could also be rather architectural if you look at the design of the house. 
Looking at this image I feel inspired to create my own in the same way if not similar but maybe using different objects like toy houses or figures in puddles rather then large house's reflected into a lake. The image makes me want to be there and experience this view for myself. A slight narrative comes from this picture almost like a wealthy family owns this house. 

 This is the second of my chosen images. I believe that this image is extremely effective and the fact there is no colour contributes to this. This image is different from the last as it is of the interior of a building rather then the exterior. I also believe that the people walking down the staircase shows the size difference between each steps and adds to my point of a great effect. The shadowing of the walls that falls onto the steps gives a darkened outlook on the image. I like the way it makes the image look really aged. This doesn't really help date the image as it can lead to misinterpretation and confusion. However it does give a sort of narrative to where the people are or why they are there.
 The staircase leads me to interpret more of the narrative as it is made from wood and the detailing in incredible.

This is the final of my choices. I chose this photograph as I like the way the images has a sepia effect but it is natural light. The sepia effect makes the image looked dated.
The fact that image was taken from the inside of the building showing what is out of the window. I also think that maybe there is a narrative behind this image about traveling. The person standing on there own looking out to the landscape around them reflects that maybe they're thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment