Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Experimenting by hand.



I have experimented further with new techniques. For this experiment i started by collecting images of old, vintage portraits. With these image I cut some of the portraits into circles. Not all of them are of the whole photograph. After I had cut these up I recorded myself, using an Ipad, placing the circles onto a different sheet of paper. I layered them as well as trying to make a new image/portrait from what I had cut out. The potential for next time is that I could use imagery that would relate further to my theme.




This was another experiment I tried as part of a group. I along with three others filmed the process we went through to make a large scale collage. It started with taring pieces of paper and dropping them from a height to see where they landed with these laying on the page we started to add large strips of tape to stick them down as well as using large amounts of paint to add colour that we didn't have. As a twist we decided to use food to connect to our personal preferences. Next time I think I would use a wider range of materials but not as messy and as much of each. I think this looks less like a collage and more like a pile.


No comments:

Post a Comment