Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Large outdoor installations.

Here are a few digital photographs I took as part of my experimentation further into this final exam project. Theses were inspired by Catherine Ulitsky. I have looked at Catherine's work before to produce large instillations around man mad areas like buildings. This time I decided I would reproduce a large scale instillation outdoors amongst a small tree. I used black coloured string but if I was to redo this experiment I might try using different coloured string to see what stands out best and maybe even a different location. 

I then set about adding photographs in amongst the string and branches. I like this outcome. By using a digital SLR you are unable to select the area that is in focus. This image shows the photograph in the background is more in focus then the small buds in the foreground. 
These two photographs in the photographs are black and white which is different two the others I took. I do not think the effect that is show look as good as the ones with the coloured photographs. This is because the dark branches and the shadowing produce by the rest of its surroundings seems to make the whole image dark and gloomy. This is not something that would normally catch my attention as part of the audience. 

The photograph in this image is not in focus, I like that it means you can't see the identity of the person in the photograph. This is great as it also helped me when looking for more inspiration. I enjoyed being able to climb the tree to hang photographs and twist string. I think by having fun it change the who project.

No comments:

Post a Comment