Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Photoraph embroidery inspired by Stacey Page.

I looked at an artist called Stacey Page. She Is known for her embroidery to photographs.  I took a picture that matched my theme of Landscapes and using YouTube I searched how to do different stiches like the Running stitch and the Chain stitch. At first I experimented with this stitches and found it easier the more I progressed. Then with my image I stitched around certain parts of my photograph like the outline of the hand in a chain stitch and then using running stitch and red thread I added colour to the boat.

I enjoyed experimenting with thread but I found that you have to have a lot of patents as the tread can get tangled and some times rip through the paper. If I was to experiment again with this method I would use a different material to print onto rather then photocopy paper and different types of stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment