Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Geraldine George Photoshop & Ink experiment.


I looked at artist called Geraldine Georges. She produces pieces of art using different materials. She takes photographs and cuts away areas of the image that she doesn't want to use. She then places the image on a piece of paper and using black ink decorates around the image using splash marks, lines and doodles. She sometimes uses some colour but that will vary depending on the image she chooses to use.
I created my own interpretations. My first was using Adobe Photoshop.
I started by taking an image that related to my theme of Landscapes. I then cut around the image roughly so the image wasn't all there, similar to Geraldine's work. I then on a new layer using the shape tool made a circle and filled it black so that again it showed my interpretation of Geraldine's work. Then with the paint brush tool I experimented with different stokes and created different effects behind the image. After also with the paint brush tool I selected a colour and another type of brush and size and added a dash of colour onto the circle, around the image. Finally I selected the gradient tool and another similar colour and drew the line horizontally down the page this gave the blue faded background effect.
I then chose to create a handmade image also inspired by Geraldine. I started by choosing an image. I cut around the image so there was no background. On a separate piece of paper I chose a coloured ink and dripped drops of ink onto the page. I then stuck my image on top of the ink and with more black ink I painted black brush strokes around the image. Once dry with a hand writting pen I drew odd rounded lines on the edge of the pointing finger.
I think this is very simular to Geraldine's work and I ejoyed creating it however I preferred the Photoshop experiment then to the mixed media one. I liked the fact that you can erase it and try again if something goes wrong on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment