Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Abigail Reynolds Paper Cutting Photographs.

Abigail Reynolds is a artist/photographer who cuts into a photograph she has taken in shapes that allow you to open up and see through the holes. Not all the shapes will be identical or symmetrical making each image original and different. Once she has made her cuts she places a similar image underneath so you can see it through the incision. Abigail will use two images that may have the same theme, could contrast in colour, be old and new or even from different angles.
Here is a few examples of here work:


Using the idea of cutting and layering images I then went onto create my own. I started by selecting two photographs I had taken that relate to my chosen theme of Landscapes. I then went on to drawing lines onto my image that I would then cut out so they look like triangles. Once I had cut out all my shapes I then went onto placing one image on top of the other so you could see the trees underneath the cuts in the building.
I enjoyed creating this and like how easy it is to complete however next time I could cut different shapes into the image and use different images and maybe more then two images to layer.
Below is my attempt:

No comments:

Post a Comment