Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Printing onto different papers.

Here I have started to experiment with printing onto different types of paper such as magazine pages that are glossy and news paper print. I chose to print some of my best prints that are both digital and darkroom on to the different types of paper. 
This added a complex and abstract look to the images that I have decided to print on top. After the first one of this experiments was done it was so easy to carry on with as there is always a different piece of paper with different colours and images on. 
I started by printing on to glossy pages from a magazine. This was not easy to do as the printer I used did not like the texture of the paper and found it hard to process it through the printer and back out the other side. Also the coloured ink from the original photograph did not really cling well to the paper due to the texture again.
I then chose to photocopy both a coloured and a black and white photograph onto a brightly coloured piece of paper. I chose to do both types of photographs as I knew that the black and white would stand out more so on the coloured piece but I also knew that the coloured image would not be easily seen. 
Finally I chose to use mathematics paper that comes with grids on it. This is a white paper that has blue lines on it to the majority of the paper is plan meaning that the coloured photograph would print well onto the paper. This also meant that the blue lines would sometimes disappear as the darker coloured ink would over power it.


I think the final outcomes were really great and this was something that was simple yet really effective. I started to run away with ideas and this lead to more experiments but some of the different materials kept getting jammed in the printer such as the newspaper and tissue paper.

1 comment:

  1. Please can you put this post and the one below it after your evaluation - Kirsty

    ReplyDelete